Throughout the month of December, I’ll be writing a post a day for the fabulous project Reverb 12. It’s an opportunity to reflect on the year that’s wrapping up and using the fruits of that reflection to shape the year ahead – in other words, exactly the kind of thing I love to think about! So, without further ado, here’s today’s prompt.
Where it began: Review and reflect – how did 2012 begin for you? Tell us how the year kicked off; start your renewal by beginning again.
At the beginning of 2012, we had just bought our current house a few days prior. We spent New Year’s Eve moving the last bits and bobs out of our old house. When the church bells chimed midnight, we took a moment, mops in hand, to be glad that we were moving on in a direction of our own choosing.
It’s been quite a year, full of wonderful things. Some of them:
- I’ve grown a delightful business from the ground up
- I’ve committed to a professional certification course, starting in a couple short weeks!
- we’ve settled into our house
- we’ve found a new (and wonderful) tenant
- we’ve created a backyard garden that gives us vegetables in the winter (yaaaay!!!)
- our older child is tearing up her last couple years of high school
- our younger child is starting to settle into calm, reasonable communication patterns, even when she’s frustrated
There have, of course, been frustrations to go with the delights, but that’s all part of the growth experience.
I’d like 2013 to start the same way 2012 did – with dizzying possibility and dazzling clarity.